Monday, December 10, 2007

Vodka Martini, Shaken... not stirred

007 has been captivating the hearts of many in the movie world for decades. And now there's a new Bond on the block. Daniel Craig played the most recent James Bond and took the character to a different level than predecessors.

I had to go back and watch this movie after talking with one of my co-workers who said he was a huge fan of this version but said it was so completely different from the other ones.

I've only ever known Pierce Brosnan as Bond and his version of the Ian Flemming legend has always just been suave yet still deadly. This version by Craig was rugged and rough and ready to take a punch.

This character reminded me more of a Jack Bauer in a James Bond world. But unlike Jack Bauer, he still had the people's skills and manners.

I hope that this style of Bond movies can continue for another few years.

RottenTomatoes.com rating = 94%, and I would have to agree.

No comments: